My preschooler must ask me five times a day to color with her, so I created these alphabet printables for her.
I say no more than I would like to, and encourage her to color anyways. Of course, she loves to color the princesses from her coloring books, but her favorite thing to color are these alphabet coloring pages.
These alphabet printables are simple, but they give her a lot of freedom to color and decorate as she wants to.
Each week I print out several copies of the letter of the week onto cardstock. She has a variety of art supplies available to her, and she gets very creative in decorating these letters.
At the end of the week, we hang up the letters on the wall of our classroom and use them to review the previous letters we have done.
Activity Ideas for the Alphabet Printables:
- Read a book that focuses on the letter (This is a great set of books for that purpose!)
- Discuss the letter and the words that start with it.
- Practice writing the letter.
- Color the letter using only colors that start with the letter.
- Use stamps to decorate the letter.
- Hang the letters on the wall for practice and review.
- Bind the letters together in a coloring book.
- Glue / stick items to it that start with the letter (glitter for g, feathers for f, stickers for s, etc.)