This is the best playdough recipe I’ve found- it has come together for me each time I have made it, the texture is great and the ingredients are simple. The kids love it, and I don’t mind making it, so it’s a win all around!
A few notes important notes about this playdough recipe
- I purchased cheap flour and salt so I didn’t have to use my pricier organic flour and sea salt on projects like these.
- If it’s what I have, I use natural food coloring, and sometimes the color isn’t as brilliant as I want it to be. It’s fine. The kids don’t care, especially if there is glitter in it!
- I like the chunkier glitter in the playdough better than super fine glitter. It just shows up better.
- Store the playdough in an airtight container. It will last a long time if it doesn’t dry out.
- Enjoy it with your kids! Sure, it’s fun to hand them something awesome like homemade playdough and take the time they are occupied to yourself, but there is something about playing with playdough as an adult that is extra fun.
- Some color ideas are blue for the sky or water, black for outer space, green grass, brown for dirt, purple & pink for flowers, etc.